Dragon fruit is a crazy looking fruit and truly beautiful when cut open. It also comes in two colors: red and white. It has a mild flavor, but when you get a good one it has a really pleasant sweetness to it. We were thinking of something different to make with dragon fruit and because of its vibrant color we decided try out some jam. We had actually never made jam before, but when paired with the blueberries it truly turned out really tasty and was a flavor combination we hadn’t had before! We were pleasantly surprised. Jam goes well on many breakfast items, but we thought to try it out on some panna cotta which was probably the best decision we’ve made all month. The combination is absolutely a keeper.
I’ve always stuck with David Lebovitz’s Panna Cotta recipe which is crazy easy and turns out an excellent panna cotta.
有興趣做奶酪的朋友，推薦你搜尋David Lebovitz’s Panna Cotta recipe，非常簡易但美味不打折扣啦！
- 3 Red dragon fruit, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbls water
- 1 tsp gelatin
- Peel dragon fruit and roughly chop it into 2-inch cubes. Place in saucepan. Zest and juice the lemon and add it to the dragon fruit. Turn on heat to medium and stir frequently until it boils. Turn down heat to a simmer. Keep stirring periodically, mash up the dragon fruit until it becomes a smoother texture yet still chunky. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and honey and keep stirring until the jam thickens a bit. Another 15-20 minutes.
- Combine water and gelatin in large bowl and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Add dragon fruit mixture to the gelatin in the large bowl and stir until combined. Let cool until room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator until cool. Divide into jars and enjoy!
- 3 個紅肉火龍果, 切塊
- 1 個萊姆，削萊姆皮屑及擠果汁
- 1 杯量的藍莓
- ½ 杯糖
- ¼ 杯蜂蜜
- 3 餐匙水
- 1 茶匙吉利丁